Year of foundation: 1973
Document of completion: State diploma
Form of study: full-time, part-time
Qualification levels: Bachelor, Specialist, Master
The presence of free education
The presence of paid training
The preparatory department
The students: 2500
Professors and doctors: 5
– Modern education of the European level;
– Students are provided with comfortable living conditions in a modern hostel;
– A convenient traffic intersection of Cherkassy – 160 km to the international airport Boryspol and 20 km to a hub railway station named after Taras Shevchenko;
– There is an airport that can receive charter flights in Cherkassy;
– The opportunity to join the glorious traditions of the institution, which has educated two Heroes of the Soviet Union – Vladimir Pravik and Victor Kibenok;
– Studying in classrooms equipped according to modern technologies;
– Possibility of practicing sports in one of the best sports and recreation complexes.
Educational and scientific base of the institute is one of the best in the country. Modern information technologies are used in studying process. That makes studying more interesting and improves the quality of knowledge acquired.
The Institute conducts training of specialists of fire safety, civil defense and psychology for the Ministry of Emergency Situations units and other ministries, departments and services, private organizations that deal with security in all its spheres.
The Institute consists of 4 faculties, postgraduate and distance learning departments. There is a specialized scientific council for the defense of Ph.D. thesis, specialty 21.06.02 – Fire Safety.
Educational institution has a powerful scientific and pedagogical potential well-developed material and technical base, which allows the Institute to evolve constantly in accordance with the requirements of time. All conditions are created to obtain high-quality European education – modern classrooms and computer labs are prepared for studying; cadets and students (youngmenandwomen) have access to an electronic library and can use a spacious reading room.
An important component is the practical training, including participation in international exercises together with the delegations of specialized educational institutions of European countries.
The Institute has a significant European experience due to the close cooperation with the fire and rescue services and educational institutions of the EU and the CIS.
Particular attention of the Institute is paid to the development of sport and leisure issues. One of the best sport complexes in Ukraine is at the disposal of students of the Institute. Among the cadets and students of our institute there are participants of the Olympic Games in Peking (2008) and London (2012), the champions of Europe and the world on fire-applied sports, shooting, boxing. Our cadets and students realize their creative abilities in numerous amateur clubs and well known in Ukraine KVN team “Backdraft.”